We work closely with approximately 200 transportation and logistics clients to develop effective strategies and apply financial techniques that help improve the bottom line. We work on a wide range of issues, from growing your business and acquiring competition to helping develop exit strategies. Our clients benefit from timely advice about the effects of tax laws on their operations and investments, as well as recommendations to reduce costs, improve productivity, expand operations and use personnel and technology more efficiently. BKD can help you answer the following questions:
- In what states should I be filing income tax returns?
- What kind of estate plan allows me to transfer my business to the next generation while not missing out on tax advantages?
- What can I do to mitigate federal and state tax liabilities?
- How can I best manage my fuel tax and state registration processes?
- Should I use owner-operator, leased or company-owned equipment?
- How can I determine, analyze and control profitability through a formal budgeting process?
- How can I improve my operating ratio?
- What are the tax and cash-flow consequences of my expansion plan and the best alternatives for financing?
- How can I increase efficiency in my overall operation?
- Who can update my computer system in a timely manner without disrupting my business?
- How will proposed lease accounting standards affect my financial reporting?
Our specialized team has knowledge of the issues you face and access to national resources, leading to a seamless service approach. With BKD, you’ll experience solutions designed to meet your company needs.
- Year-End Financial Reporting Update 11/5/2013
- Final IRS Tangible Property Regulations: How Will They Affect Your Business? 10/16/2013
- Manufacturing & Distribution Economic Update 9/25/2013
- Health Care Reform Insurance Overview 8/8/2013
- Key Transportation Topics in Accounting & Tax 7/23/2013
- Multiemployer Pension Plans – Preparation for New Disclosures 12/6/2012
- Introduction to Transfer Pricing: The Basics 8/23/2012
- Integration Insights from the Middle Market 8/7/2012
- Liquidity Event Options for Privately Held Companies 7/12/2012
- ESOPs: Creating a Legacy 6/28/2012
- The Art & Science of Valuing a Business 4/3/2012
- Business Value Drivers & Latest M&A Outlook 3/9/2012
- Cooking the Books: Financial Statement Fraud Issues & Examples 1/5/2012
- Year-End M&D Financial Reporting Update 12/15/2011
- What Is Penetration Testing & Why Would You Want It? 10/2013
- A Potential Solution to Succession & Employee Retention 10/2013
- Proposed FASB Insurance Model – It’s Not Just for Insurance Companies 10/2013
- COSO’s 2013 Internal Control Framework in Depth 9/2013
- Using Internal Auditors’ Work Requires Extra Steps 9/2013
- Private Company Reporting Developments 9/2013
- American Trucking Association 2013 Annual Conference Recap 7/2013
- Preparing for the Implications of 2013 Tax Change 5/2013
- Private Company Employers Indefinitely Granted a Pass on ESOP Disclosures 5/2013
- FASB Issues New Rules on Liquidation Accounting 4/2013
- FASB Intends to Indefinitely Defer Certain ESOP Fair Value Disclosures 4/2013
- Proposed ASU Expected to Increase Use of Effective Yield Method 4/2013
- Proposed Accounting Standards Update on Accounting for Discontinued Operations 4/2013
- Intercompany Transfer Pricing Faces Increased Scrutiny 4/2013
Navigating local, state and federal tax systems can be difficult for any business, but it can be especially hard for manufacturers and distributors. BKD can help with the basics and offer insight from our professionals, who can assist you in identifying various tax credits or incentive programs and in preparing real estate cost segregation studies that can save you money. BKD can offer guidance in the following areas:
- Identifying state tax incentives
- Income tax depreciation
- Tax liability
- Tax planning
- Real estate cost segregation studies
Audited financial statements, the centerpiece of BKD’s assurance services, have benefits far beyond their immediate function. For example, they bring credibility to your financial picture. BKD can help you structure your financial statements in a way that makes data easier to find and understand.
BKD’s audit and assurance professionals can add assist with the following services:
- Securities and Exchange Commission registrations and filings
- Audits and reviews
- Internal audits
- Help in complying with Section 404 of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002
BKD Technologies has helped hundreds of manufacturing and distribution clients experience efficient solutions. Our expertise can help you streamline your manufacturing or distribution processes. You can benefit from our many years of experience evaluating, recommending and implementing software for the manufacturing and distribution industries, including the following:
- Computer recommendations and installations
- Review of data processing methods and systems
- Effective operations resources
- Integrated software solutions
- Business intelligence
- Efficient inventory management
- Data security
Growing your company while keeping an eye on efficiency, quality control and the bottom line can be a challenge. BKD National Manufacturing & Distribution Group has the experience to help your company with the following:
- Business restructuring
- Cash-flow analysis
- Forecasts & projections
- Mergers & acquisitions
- Assistance with financing, including proposal packages
- Valuing closely held stock
- Business planning services
- Lease vs. purchase analysis
- Insurance evaluations for coverage & rates
- Strategic planning
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Economic incentives
- Market analysis
- Performance enhancement recommendations
- Due diligence
- Business restructuring
- Investment planning
Every company has to worry about employee turnover, but in the manufacturing industry—where jobs are becoming more and more skilled—training and retaining quality employees is critical.
BKD National Manufacturing & Distribution Group can help your company build a quality workforce, improve employee job performance and make sure your company follows workplace safety and other regulations. BKD’s experience can help in several areas, including the following:
- Personal financial planning for executives
- Employee benefit plan administration and consulting
- Employee benefit plan audit services
- Incentive compensation
- Employee benefit plans
- Employee retention
- Performance appraisal
- Effective recruiting
- Regulatory compliance
- Supervisory training