Whether your not-for-profit organization is already operating globally or hoping to soon, BKD, LLP professionals can help you navigate the ins and outs of complex international business regulations and reporting requirements. We’re experienced in dealing with common international issues not-for-profit organizations encounter regularly, including:
- Enterprise-wide risks from infrastructure challenges
- Complexities related to working with—and in—local cultures
- Compliance with international tax laws, including taxation of U.S. expatriates and foreign nationals
- Maintaining donor compliance with IRS reporting guidelines
- Transfer pricing for not-for-profit organizations
- Complying with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) reporting regulations
- Creating and implementing strong internal controls
- Detecting and preventing fraud
Our experienced team of tax professionals offers a wide array of international tax consulting services for the not-for-profit market. From foreign business expansion to transfer pricing and foreign tax compliance, we can help you find the solutions you need to plan for international growth and success.
As the IRS focuses more on how not-for-profit organizations conduct business with their for-profit affiliates, our transfer pricing team can help you navigate the complex reporting requirements surrounding unrelated business income (UBI). Correctly reporting UBI and conducting cross-border transactions in accordance with global transfer pricing rules is an ongoing concern, and BKD is there to help.
BKD can help organizations looking to transition to IFRS or that need assistance understanding the complex standards set by the International Accounting Standards Board. We offer a variety of related services, including IFRS adoption planning and audits of IFRS financial statements.
The experience of our international services team is complemented by our membership in Praxity, AISBL, a global alliance of independent firms. As the largest U.S. Praxity member, BKD can offer multinational clients a comprehensive plan with the expertise needed to meet the high standards of international business.