BKD National Manufacturing & Distribution Group advisors can help manufacturers and distributors improve performance. We concentrate on strategy development, operations excellence, organizational improvements and information support systems. From audit, assurance and tax services to growth and information systems consulting, we can help with a variety of issues.
We also use two established methods for measuring business performance: cost-of-quality and the balanced scorecard. With BKD, you’ll experience solutions designed to help your company decrease costs, respond to changing market conditions and strategies, make accurate delivery promises, keep customers satisfied and reduce operating cash needs.
- Key Transportation Topics in Accounting & Tax 7/23/2013
- Fraud Prevention Strategies: A Forensic Accountant’s Top 20 List 5/21/2013
- ACG Webinar: Data Analytics – A Bottom-up Approach to Financial Due Diligence 5/14/2013
- Succession Planning, Deal Structures & Tax Considerations Influencing a Transaction 4/19/2013
- Preparing Your Company for a Liquidity Event – Business Value Drivers 3/19/2013
- Merger, Acquisition & Capital Market Strategic Options 2/19/2013
- Fiscal Cliff Averted: What’s Next for Manufacturers? 1/17/2013
- The Compensation Puzzle: Equity-Based Compensation 12/11/2012
- Multiemployer Pension Plans – Preparation for New Disclosures 12/6/2012
- What Manufacturers & Distributors Need to Know Regarding Tangible Property Regulations 11/13/2012
- How IRS Tangible Property Regulations Affect Your Business 9/18/2012
- Introduction to Transfer Pricing: The Basics 8/23/2012
- Multiemployer Pension Plan Withdrawals 5/2013
- Preparing for the Implications of 2013 Tax Change 5/2013
- Private Company Employers Indefinitely Granted a Pass on ESOP Disclosures 5/2013
- NCCMP Issues Proposal to Safeguard Multiemployer Retirement Security 4/2013
- Alert – FASB Intends to Indefinitely Defer Certain ESOP Fair Value Disclosures 4/2013
- Intercompany Transfer Pricing Faces Increased Scrutiny 4/2013
- Proposed Accounting Standards Update on Accounting for Discontinued Operations 3/2013
- Final Requirements on Reclassifications out of Accumulated Other Comprehensive Income 3/2013
- FASB Issues Proposal on Presentation of Unrecognized Tax Benefits 3/2013
- A Manufacturing Renaissance or Not? 3/2013
- Being Practical About GAAP Compliance 3/2013
- Deadline for Exchange Notice Extended 3/2013
- Treatment of CTA upon Sale of a Foreign Entity or Investment in a Foreign Entity 3/2013
- Putting the “Market” in the M&A Market 3/2013
Navigating local, state and federal tax systems can be difficult for any business, but it can be especially hard for manufacturers and distributors. BKD can help you with the basics, and you’ll also experience insight as our professionals assist you in identifying various tax credits or incentive programs, and in preparing real estate cost segregation studies that can save you money. You can experience guidance from BKD in the following areas:
- Income tax depreciation
- Tax liability
- Tax planning
- Tax credits for research and development work
- Identifying state tax incentives
- Real estate cost segregation studies
BKD National Manufacturing & Distribution Group can help your company decrease costs, respond to changing market conditions and strategies, make accurate delivery promises, keep customers satisfied and reduce operating cash needs.
BKD’s PEAK (Productivity Enhancement Advice & Knowhow) approach provides operations-related education and consulting for organizations in manufacturing and distribution. Our system can offer improvement of work systems and processes in operations, project support and effective information systems. With PEAK methodology, you’ll experience higher quality and productivity.
BKD can help your manufacturing or distributing company experience efficiency in the following areas:
- Implementing the PEAK method
- Performance management
- Cash flow management
- Operations consulting
BKD Technologies has helped hundreds of manufacturing and distribution clients experience efficient solutions. Our expertise can help you streamline your manufacturing or distribution processes. You can benefit from our many years of experience evaluating, recommending and implementing software for the manufacturing and distribution industries, including the following:
- Effective operations resources
- Integrated software solutions
- Business intelligence
- Efficient inventory management
- Data security
Growing your company and keeping an eye on efficiency, quality control and the bottom line can be a challenge. You need guidance. BKD National Manufacturing & Distribution Group has the experience to help your company with the following:
- Strategic planning
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Economic incentives
- Market analysis
- Performance enhancement recommendations
- Due diligence
- Business restructuring
- Investment planning
Every company has to worry about employee turnover, but in the manufacturing industry—where jobs are becoming more and more skilled—training and retaining quality employees is critical.
BKD National Manufacturing & Distribution Group can help your company experience a quality workforce, improve employees’ job performance and make sure your company follows workplace safety and other regulations. BKD’s experience can help in several areas, including:
- Incentive compensation
- Employee benefit plans
- Employee retention
- Performance appraisal
- Effective recruiting
- Regulatory compliance
- Supervisory training
Audited financial statements—the centerpiece of BKD’s assurance services—have benefits far beyond their immediate function. For example, they bring credibility to your financial picture. BKD can help your company experience objective clear communication with your financial statements and in a way that makes data easier to find and understand. Beyond these basics, with BKD you’ll experience insight so that you can improve your business. These benefits also apply to our other assurance services.
Experience the benefits of BKD’s audit and assurance with the following services:
- Audits and reviews
- Internal audits
- Help in complying with Section 404 of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002
- Baldor Electric Company
- Vi-Jon, Inc.
- Oscar Winski Company, Inc.
- Shintech Inc.
- MC Tubular Products, Inc.
- Dolce International
- Westshore Capital Partners
“I was already very familiar with the R&D credit process and the potential benefits. So it was natural for me, when I learned that Baldor was not pursuing R&D credits, to get a study underway as soon as possible. Many firms would just pass over these potential services as not being worth the effort. BKD did not just focus on low-hanging fruit; the process was very comprehensive and set the building blocks from which to move forward.
To have a great service provider, there has to be chemistry. I practiced public accounting for over 25 years and formed a strong opinion of what a good CPA advisor was. I try to live up to that expectation every day, and I like to work with others who share those same values.
I am a big supporter of BKD; there is no doubt in my mind that BKD can go toe to toe with any of the other accounting firms in the country.”
— George Moschner, Chief Financial Officer
Baldor Electric Company
Fort Smith, Arkansas
“Prior to coming to BKD, the message from the Big 4 firm was very clear–we were too small and they no longer wanted to serve us. BKD is a lot like Vi-Jon, our relationships are personal. BKD is very responsive and provides proactive advice and assistance we can count on. If I put in a call to someone at BKD, I know I’ll get a call back promptly.”
— Mr. Bob Hess,
Chief Financial Officer
St. Louis, Missouri
“BKD is a good fit for our business. We are very comfortable with our client service team as it is obvious they are not only highly competent with technical issues but also work extremely well with our executive team and staff. We did our homework when it came time to change accounting firms. We were looking for a true advisor, someone who was very interested in our business and helping us meet our goals, as well as a firm that would give us top-notch technical advice. I am very happy to say we have found all of these attributes with BKD.”
— John Gage,
Chief Financial Officer
Oscar Winski Company, Inc.
“BKD was hired to assist us in our understanding of J-SOX requirements. They work closely with our Japanese counterparts and provide the right level of expertise needed to get the job done. They have definitely exceeded our expectations.
Leveraging BKD’s expertise in our IT compliance efforts has been a step in the right direction as we comply with J-SOX. They have definitely exceeded our expectations.”
Eleazar Vasquez, Jr.,
Information Services Administrator
“BKD was hired to assist us in our understanding of J-SOX requirements. They exceeded our expectations with their industry knowledge, professional demeanor, and personal responsiveness. I would recommend BKD to anyone considering a change in CPA firms.
BKD provides the best value, with their professional demeanor, personal responsiveness, and industry knowledge. They exceeded our expectations and we would recommend them to anyone considering a change in CPA firms.
BKD provides the best value for the services they deliver. Not only are they professional and friendly, but they provide us with an exceptional level of personal attention and flexibility to meet our needs.”
— B. Wayne Hicks,
MC Tubular Products, Inc.
“While we were never displeased with the services provided by our Big Four auditor, we just did not realize there was a much better alternative available—BKD. BKD took the time to listen to us and understand our operations. Our engagement was planned to allow for a seamless transition, resolution of any complex accounting issues, coordination with other CPAs auditing our subsidiaries abroad and overall reduction of our staff’s time. As BKD promised, the level of partner involvement was much greater than we were accustomed to. In the end, engaging BKD was the best decision we could have made as the results were better than promised and at significantly reduced fees.”
— Louis Parisi,
Senior Vice President, Controller & Treasurer
Rockleigh, New Jersey
“BKD’s transactional due diligence team exceeded all of our expectations. They performed a complete corporate due diligence review of the target company, which included sales, manufacturing, accounting, information systems, human resources and tax related issues. The target company presented a very challenging situation for everyone, but BKD’s resourcefulness and businessman’s approach in helping us substantiate our original investment thesis was invaluable. I would recommend BKD’s team to anyone who is responsible for operating companies and M&A transactions.”
— David J. Malizia,
Westshore Capital Partners