As insurance companies work to maintain surplus while adding shareholder and policyholder value, they seek accounting service providers who can give world-class service.
BKD's National Insurance Services Practice provides services to life, accident, health and property and casualty insurance companies ranging in size from $5 million to $2.4 billion in written premiums. We also work with numerous insurance agencies and third-party administrators throughout the U.S. Our advisors consist of more than 30 audit and tax professionals, plus a number of consulting professionals. A.M. Best ranks BKD as the 10th largest assurance provider to insurance companies.
We help our clients effectively comply with regulatory requirements, tax compliance and monitor internal controls and technology and regulatory issues.
Audit & Assurance Services
- Financial Statement Audits and Reviews
- SSAE 16 Examinations
- Policies and Procedures Audits (Underwriting, Claims, Reinsurance)
- Employee Benefit Plan Audits
Tax Preparation, Compliance & Consulting Services
- SFAS 109 and SSAP 10 Tax Provisions and Disclosures
- Tax Planning Strategies
- Federal and State Tax Compliance
- Cost Segregation Studies
Insurance Consulting Services
- Model Audit Rule
- IT Risk Services (ITRS)
- Corporate Governance
- Forensics & Valuation Services
- Information Security Services