Institutions of higher education continuously face emerging risks. The landscape is constantly changing! Staying abreast of these changes and potential risks is critical for institutions of all sizes. Join BKD National Higher Education Group and representatives from the NCAA and Indiana Wesleyan University for a discussion highlighting new and emerging risks. Find out how you can manage the impact of these new and emerging risks related to:
- Student financial aid program changes, including recent legislative changes and what’s on the horizon
- College athletics – health and safety initiatives, medical insurance for student athletes and financial reporting
- Tax areas being targeted by the IRS
- Financial accounting risks, including FASB and GASB compliance
After completion of this program, attendees will be able to:
- Discuss new and emerging regulatory compliance risks
- Explain risks associated with student financial aid
- Describe tax and athletic department risks
College and university business officers, vice presidents of finance and administration, presidents, provosts, budget directors, enrollment and admissions personnel, board members, internal auditors, risk managers, compliance officers, chief investment officers and athletic directors and business managers
CPE Credit: Up to 3 CPE credits in the Specialized Knowledge & Applications field of study may be awarded upon verification of participant attendance.
Program Level: Overview
Delivery Method: Group Live Seminar
Prerequisites: General knowledge of campus & organizational operations
Advance Preparation: None
Refunds and Cancellations: There is no fee associated with this seminar. For cancellations, please log in to your Eventbrite account and follow the cancellation instructions.
CPE Contact Information
BKD, LLP is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.learningmarket.org.