MACRA & MIPS
Is your organization prepared for changes and challenges created by MACRA? BKD’s physician services team helps providers navigate the transition with a variety of scalable consulting solutions designed to help clients assess performance and financial impact.
Where to Start
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) finalized the first performance year, 2017, as a transition year—clinicians will have greater flexibility in how they submit data. MIPS-eligible clinicians have multiple reporting options within MACRA.
BKD has a collection of resources to help you master MACRA:
- Article: Mastering MACRA: Key Considerations for Success
- Article: Do You Know Which Path Is Right for Your Organization?
- Webinar Archive: MACRA: Applications & Implications
- Webinar Archive: MACRA Applications & Implications Part 2: The Final Rule
The final rule created several options for participation. BKD helps organizations assess potential MIPS provider eligibility within the final rule, addressing these factors:
- Medicare Part B volume and payment thresholds
- Patient-facing versus nonpatient-facing providers
- Hospital-based designation
- Any providers participating in CMS-designated advanced APMs with partner organization
There are myriad reporting options contingent on your practice’s situation. BKD will help you identify and assess the group practice versus individual-clinician MIPS reporting options for performance years, including:
- Potential reporting options by group, specialty or individual reporting requirements and potential effect to composite quality score based on MIPS scoring methodology
- Analysis of potential reporting strategies using single or multiple tax identification numbers based on MIPS scoring methodology
Quality improvement relies on accurate reporting and performance tracking. BKD understands the intricacies of reporting strategies and MIPS scoring methodology and helps practices assess performance in these areas: MIPS quality, advancing care information and clinical practice improvement.
Critical metrics include:
- Identifying and benchmarking of quality metrics by provider and specialty and comparing to MIPS metric list
- Identifying advancing care information metrics and practice information systems’ ability to capture and report
- Identifying clinical practice improvement activities and comparing to MIPS list
- Identifying preferential MIPS categorical scoring based on provider status defined by MACRA rule
- Analyzing potential reimbursement effect of various reporting and performance scenarios
BKD offers a variety of consulting and training solutions related to MACRA. Start the conversation by contacting your BKD advisor or using the “Contact Us” form below.