As the energy and natural resource industry as a whole continues to evolve in an environment of uncertain policy and volatile commodity markets, the midstream and downstream sectors face unique challenges. Our team has expertise and insight into these challenges faced by you and your company.
The midstream oil and gas market has undergone significant change. As technology drives breakthroughs in traditional and unconventional resource plays, the demand for midstream services provides both opportunities and risk for midstream companies. Developing and implementing new strategies is a necessary response to new market conditions.
Success depends on anticipating future needs of the businesses you link—upstream and downstream customers, as well as understanding economic drivers for multiple markets. BKD can help.
The downstream sector includes many participants from crude supply to trading and refining through product distribution, marketing and retail. Downstream businesses must concentrate their efforts on improving their operating performance and controlling costs while focusing on safety and the environment. Our advisors understand the complexities of balancing these numerous demands.
Our team can assist with you with:
- Financial Statement audits – U.S. GAAP, IFRS
- Risk management – Entity risk management, internal audit, IT audit, process reviews, Sarbanes-Oxley compliance, Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) compliance
- Tax planning & compliance – Federal, state & local, transfer pricing, international tax compliance
- Vendor audits – Supplier, joint venture, construction, Service Level Agreement (SLA)
- Forensics & valuation services – Business valuations, fraud prevention/investigations, litigation support