15 Important Questions to Ask Before Selling Your Company
- When is the right time to start planning the sale of my company?
- How do general economic and capital market conditions affect my company’s value?
- How do business and industry trends affect my company’s value?
- How should I present my company’s financial performance to reflect its true earnings ability?
- What assets are important to my company’s value, and how should I present their market value?
- What role will financial projections play in the sale of my business?
- How can I identify qualified prospective buyers?
- What are the pros and cons of strategic versus financial buyers?
- How will the sale process be managed, and how will it be kept confidential?
- Besides financial data, what company information do I need for the sale process?
- How can I use competitive negotiations to increase my company’s value?
- What are the risks of selling my company, and how can I reduce them?
- Do I want to stay involved in the business after the sale?
- How do I plan to invest and manage the proceeds from the sale?
- What plans do I have for my life after the sale?
For more information, contact your BKDCF advisor.
“BKD Corporate Finance (BKDCF) did a fantastic job representing us in the sale of McQueary Bros. Wholesale Drug Company. Even though we knew the likely buyers for our company, the BKDCF team identified additional options and managed the competitive negotiating process to identify the best buyer. This resulted in a transaction that exceeded our expectations. Knowing what we now know about the complexities of the sale of our company, we were very pleased to have the BKDCF team represent us.”*
– David & Rick McQueary
* This statement may not be representative of the experience of other clients and is no guarantee of future performance or success.
BKDCF offers a disciplined approach, technical expertise and unmatched client service to meet your corporate finance needs. Our professionals are committed to delivering ethical, practical and timely solutions.
For more information, contact Tony Giordano.