Industry Insights

New Instructions for Providers Filing a DAB Appeal

May 2015
Author:  Bob Lane

Bob Lane



Health Care

Two Leadership Square South Tower
211 N. Robinson Avenue, Suite 600
Oklahoma City, OK 73102-9421

Oklahoma City

Do you disagree with actions imposed on your facility by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services? If so, you should know that the process to request a hearing with an Administrative Law Judge in the agency’s Civil Remedies Division has changed.

As of October 1, 2014, those looking to request a hearing must submit an electronic request to the Department Appeals Board (DAB) via its Electronic Filing System (E-File).

Petitioners must be registered users to use the electronic filing system. New users can register by following three steps:

  1. Click Register on the DAB E-File home page.
  2. Enter the information requested in the “Register New Account” form.
  3. Click Register Account at the bottom of the form.

If you have more than one representative handling your appeal, each representative must register separately to use DAB E-File on your behalf. Each document must be submitted as a PDF.

For more information on this or other related topics, contact your BKD advisor.

BKD LinkedIn BKD Twitter BKD Youtube BKD Google Plus