Every business today is digital in some way. As the quantity of the electronic assets—from data to documents—of your company increases, so does the importance of protecting them.
The cloud can help reduce the risk.
For most companies, a cloud-based ERP solution is better monitored and more secure than their current situation with servers managed in-house. Cloud computing has tremendous potential to improve your organization’s overall business systems’ security.
Let’s look specifically at the best-in-class cloud ERP software Intacct.
Here are some of the nuts and bolts of how Intacct keeps your financial system safe and reliable:
Physical & Network Security
Intacct runs redundant Fortune 100-class data centers operated by Savvis in San Jose, California, and by Herakles in Sacramento, California. They are monitored around the clock, year-round, and provide full data recovery within 24 hours in the event of major disaster. Data center features include:
- Multiple fiber trunks and mirrored RAID storage
- Standby servers and redundant network components
- Redundant uninterruptable power supplies and parallel redundant generators
Intacct application's built-in security features are designed to prevent outside attacks and ensure the right people get the right level of access to your Intacct solution. Features include:
- Highly granular level of control over user access
- Option to require two-step user verification every time a user signs on through an unrecognized device
- Enforced password changes and automatic session timeouts
- Option to set acceptable IP ranges from which users may log in
Intacct is designed to prevent unauthorized programs, systems and users from gaining access or control of system processes, resources and data. Features developed to protect your business include:
- SSAE 16 SOC1 Type II audited and PCI DSS certified
- Tightly restricted access to production data, including biometric access controls
- Hardened networks and firewalls
- Real-time activity log tracking
- Automated security scanning and third-party white hat penetration testing
- Virus resistance reinforced through software architecture
- Oracle database with advanced security
- Minimum 128-bit encryption for all data transmission
Intacct is built on the highly reliable Oracle database infrastructure, helping ensure access to information any time, every day. Data security measures include:
- Full daily backups to multiple locations
- Continuous backups of transaction data
- Secure streaming of transaction data to remote disaster recovery center
With cloud computing you can keep your company’s highly confidential business data and documents safe and sound.